Since when has a space of your own been one that can be accessed by hundreds of others?
It seems everything and everyone, from the family dog to NASA, is riding the social networking wave. It's a zoo out there, to borrow from surfing lingo, and to be frank I'm getting sea sick. I understand the appeal, having been an avid ICQ user, but I think it has gone a little too far in replacing day-to-day conversations and spawning a TMI pandemic.
Although I do have a facebook account I rarely use it. Most of my friends know this however, I was recently slighted when a friend called me up an hour before a surprise birthday party for another close friend, a party to which the invitation had been delivered by facebook. Because she remembered that I didn't use facebook often it was thought that a follow up call on the invitation would be nice but she had forgotten only to remember an hour before the party as mentioned. I was slightly annoyed but appreciated the phonecall nonetheless only to find out later that I hadn't even been sent an invitation at all most likely because I am known to not use facebook.
Anyway, at the risk spreading the TMI infection I will cease...
Status: hurt and bitter, social networking done me wrong
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.